BASIC DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Data controller: INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF COMPUTER LAW ASSOCIATIONS (IFCLA)
Purpose of processing: Carrying out contracts with you to enable IFCLA to meet its obligations and exercise its rights in terms of that contract; informing you about future events of IFCLA.
Exercise of rights: Access, rectify and deletion of personal data, as well as other rights, about IFCLA's members, attendees at our events, our speakers and our suppliers and professional contacts.
ADDITIONAL DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Who is data controller?
INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF COMPUTER LAW ASSOCIATIONS (IFCLA))
Postal address: Avenue Louise 235, 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Data Protection Delegate / Contact: [email protected]
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
In case you have contracted with IFCLA (notably as attendee or speaker of an IFCLA event), IFCLA needs to process data in order to meet its obligations and exercise its rights in terms of that contract.
Further IFCLA will be processing your personal data to:
• send emails to you notifying you of forthcoming events run by IFCLA or supported by IFCLA which you are eligible to attend and/or where you have previously attended one of our events or have asked to be added to our mailing list
• meet its obligations and exercise its rights in terms of a contract to which you are not party but where you have been involved in the negotiations, conclusion or implementation of a contract for provision of services by or for IFCLA or on behalf of IFCLA
There may be some occasions where we seek your consent to process personal data but in this case we will provide full details of what we are seeking consent for, so that you will be able to carefully consider whether to provide consent.
Where you have entered into a contract with IFCLA for provision of services, failing to provide the data may mean that IFCLA is unable to properly implement the contract and that you are unable to exercise certain contractual rights.
IFCLA does not process special category data.
Further, IFCLA may process personal data through the usual IFCLA social media and communication networks (Web, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Flickr)
How long will we keep your data?
In case of a contract for the provision of services by you to IFCLA, these data are kept until the fulfillment of the contractual obligations and six years thereafter. In any other case, the data will be kept for a period of 2 years after the date on which you last attended one of our events. In any case, we will delete your personal data when you oppose the processing or revoke the consent for further purposes except for those data that are necessary to comply with legal and statutory obligations such as statutes of limitations of legal liability based on the processing carried out.
The images and video footage material will be kept for the purpose of dissemination and historical archiving of the association's activities.
What is the legal basis for the processing of your data?
In case you have agreed to a contract with IFCLA, the legal basis for the processing of your data is the execution of the contract for the provision of the requested service.
The legal basis for the processing of the images and videos is consent: Your attendance to an IFCLA event and acceptance to be photographed by the personnel hired to cover the event is considered an affirmative act regarding the storage and public processing of the images.
The categories of data that are processed are as follows:
Identification data, postal or electronic address and economic and financial data, image and voice.
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
• Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation about whether or not IFCLA is processing their personal data.
• You have the right to access your personal data, as well as to request the rectification of inaccurate data or, where appropriate, request its deletion when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes that they were collected for.
• In certain circumstances, you may request the limitation of the processing of your data. In this case we will only keep them for the exercise or defense of claims.
• In certain circumstances and for reasons related to your particular situation, you may object to the processing of your data. IFCLA will cease processing your data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
• You may request the portability of your data in automated format to another data controller in the cases of processing allowed by the GDPR.
The data you have provided will be processed by IFCLA in accordance with the purposes described in this document, and in this regard you are informed that you may exercise your rights of access, rectification or deletion, or processing limitation, and to oppose the processing , as well as the right to data portability or revoke your consent to the following email address [email protected], without prejudice to your right to also file a claim with the competent data control authority, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (UK) In any case, you may withdraw your consent at any time without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of the consent-based processing prior to such withdrawal.